Christmas Candle Holders
Turn your Christmas candles into spectacular holiday decorations
Christmas candle holders are the perfect balance to Christmas candles since they obviously go hand in hand. Christmas candle holders are available in a wide assortment of styles and themes: Santa Claus, snowmen, religious, traditional and so forth. If you plan to use plain candles with your candle holders, then the holders themselves need to be the "main attraction". When selecting a candle holder always make sure the holder is heat resistant. You shouldn't use a regular drinking glass and than put a candle in it and call it a "holder". The glass will shatter. If the holder is meant for taper candles, make sure the candles fit snugly. Finally, all holders should be large enough to catch and hold dripping wax. While there are plenty of Christmas candle holders readily available, you can also make your own. Try one of our several DIY DIY Christmas Projects.
Candy Cane Votive Holders:
- Tape thin diagonal lines on the outside of the votive holder*; try to angle the tape so it looks like it's wrapping around the votive holder (like the swirls on a candy cane).
- Spray the outside of a votive holder with white frost spray paint; let dry.
- Carefully peel off the tape.
- Where the thin clear lines and thick frosted lines meet, paint a fine red line.
- Tie a thin green ribbon at the top of the votive holder.
- The votive holder now resembles a candy cane topped with a ribbon.
- Add a peppermint scented votive and enjoy the look and smell of candy canes!
Note: For the "swirling" candy cane effect to work best, look for taller votive holders.
There are many unique and interesting ways to group or arrange Christmas candle holders. Line up various snowmen candle holders on the fireplace mantel. Or line up votive holders of varying heights and weave holly and ivy between them. Use candle holders of the same theme to create a Christmas scene or motif. Recreate "The Night Before Christmas", "A Christmas Carol" or the Nativity scene. Or create a winter wonderland, Santa's village or a nature scene. Christmas is such a rich and diverse holiday, that when it comes to Christmas candle holders, your options are endless!